Recently, the winners of the world-renowned iF Design Award 2022 have been announced. Aoralscan 3 intraoral scanner, a leading dental product developed independently by SHINING3D, successfully won the iF DESIGN AWARD 2022.
Founded in 1953, the iF Design Award is one of the world’s most authoritative and influential industrial design awards, along with the German Red Dot Award and the US IDEA Award. After a rigorous and detailed evaluation of the five dimensions of product design: concept, function, form, differentiation and impact, the Aoralscan 3 intraoral scanner was unanimously recognized by 132-member jury, made up of independent experts from all over the world, for its lightweight body design, accurate data collection capability, powerful AI function and extensive application scenarios, making it a worthy winner of the iF Design Award 2022.
From iF DESIGN ASIA
Aoralscan 3 is lightweight and features fast, intelligent and accurate scan. Dentists can acquire digital impressions of patients in real time. It also supports intuitive dentist-patient communication and effective clinic-lab collaboration, empowering a highly efficient digital chairside solution. Aoralscan 3 has not only been favored by the iF board, but has also gained a group of loyal fans worldwide.
Aoralscan 3 features five core strengths:
- Lightweight and exceptional
The Aoralscan 3 is ergonomically designed, lightweight and exceptional, only about 240g, and can be gripped with comfort as dentists prefer.
- Dual size scanning tips: Four standard tips and one mini tip are included, accommodate adults and children.
- Fast and accurate
Better scanning performance: Single jaw accuracy ∂≤50 μm, scan depth: 22 mm
- User friendly
– AI scan: automatically identifies and filters out unnecessary soft issue data.
– Motion sensing: dentists can scan with minimal contact with the computer, ensuring a safe and efficient scan experience.
- Intuitive dentist-patient communication
– Oral health report: patients have a better understanding of their oral health.
– Orthodontic simulation: patients can preview images of their simulated straightened-up results chairside.
– Scan-to-print process: dental models can be edited and printed chairside, enabling the direct visualization of the treatment plan and shortening the restoration fabrication cycle.
- Efficient dentist-technician collaboration
With the help of SHINING3D cloud platform, professional complementarity and friendly collaboration between clinics and labs can be achieved to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of dental fabrication.
– Instant data transfer
– Online Data Preview
– Order Tracking and Communication
– Statistics Analysis
The Aoralscan 3 intraoral scanner won the iF Design Award, representing the high recognition of the international design community, and once again proving the strong strength of SHINING3D in the field of design and product innovation.
In the future, SHINING3D will always adhere to research and innovation, focus on improving product design and user experience, bring better products and services, and remain committed to driving further changes in intelligent manufacturing worldwide.
About iF DESIGN AWARD
Since 1954, the iF DESIGN AWARD has been recognized as an arbiter of quality for excellent design. The iF Design brand is renowned worldwide for outstanding design services, and the iF DESIGN AWARD is one of the most important design prizes in the world. Each year, the world’s oldest independent design organization, Hannover-based iF International Forum Design GmbH, organizes the iF DESIGN AWARD. It honors design achievements in all disciplines: product, packaging, communication and service design, architecture and interior architecture as well as professional concept, user experience (UX) and user interface (UI).